If you’ve been following along you know I’ve been testing out this whole baking thing lately. Now by no means am I professional this is completely for fun, but I must say these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies came out AMAZING. I’ve seen them on the internet a lot and I knew this was the perfect recipe for me to try!
Now don’t run away because you’re looking at the picture thinking to yourself “HOW THE HECK DID SHE GET A COOKIE INSIDE A COOKIE”, it’s actually a lot easier than you think! These little desserts are something you should definitely make if you’re trying to impress that special someone.. or just for yourself when you’re sitting on the couch.
Tip: The texture of the Chocolate Chip Cookies is everything in this recipe so make sure you follow it perfectly. The last thing you want is flat cookies with a lump in the middle from the Oreo. So let’s get started!
What you’ll need:
- 2 Sticks of Softened Butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies, I used the double stuffed, but whatever flavor you want will work! 🙂
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand or electric hand mixer cream together the butter and sugars until combined. Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Slowly add wet ingredients and chocolate chips into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (or an ice cream scoop if that’s all you have) take one scoop of cookie mix, place Oreo on top and then place another scoop of cookie mix on the bottom. Seal the edges of the cookie together by pressing the dough and rolling it in your hands. Make sure you cannot see the Oreo.
- Place cookies onto parchment paper and bake for 9-13 minutes or until the cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack!
- Time to enjoy. 🙂
This recipe yields 2 dozen LARGE cookies.
I’d love to hear your thoughts of this recipe! Please leave your feedback and photos in the comments below.